Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

Oh, so it sounds like you found some instructions.

They probably randomly ship right or left hand locks. So, it's
guess and miss if they will fit.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:14:28 -0800,

wrote:
Where can I find PICTURES or DIAGRAMS of the procedure to

flip a Kwikset
entry lock from the left-hand keyhole position to a

right-handed lock?

This PDF of the type of instructions that come with my Kwikset

entry lock
does not explain how to reverse an upside down keyway.
http://tinyurl.com/ymefs4

Oh my, I just realized I have to REMOVE THE LOCK CYLINDER in

order to
switch the Kwikset lock from a left-hand upside-down keyhole to

right-hand right-side up keyway!
http://tinyurl.com/yzhu5d

So much for the "Easy Installation" and "Fits All Doors" on the

package!

Why doesn't Kwikset just LABEL their package for left-hand

doors only?