Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill Berkshire Bill is offline

Default My (controversial) Theory

"ChrisCoaster" wrote in message
ups.com...
For the electricians he
I believe that my re-wiring had an effect on the CONSUMPTION data on my
electric bills for May - November of 2006 vs. the same period of 2005.
That is, the avg. daily kWh used. The actual bill was not much
different - only a buck or 2 less than 2005, because the local utility
had increased rates by 25% last April. Needless to say, the avg. kWH
used was down significantly compared for each of the same months in
2005.

My theory - which got me banned from the doityourself.com forums - is
that I improved the electrical conductivity of this circuit enough that
items running off it actually ran more efficiently. I also believe
that my electronics both look and sound better after converting most of
this branch from back-stab to side wire or back wire.

Did I increase the contact area on those receptacles that much to make
a difference?

-ChrisCoaster

No. Your Wife probably snuck in a couple compact fluorescent lamps or took
away your TV and computer.

Bill