Posted to rec.woodworking
Duff Duff is offline

Default This pocket hole jig any good?

Been a member here for 2 months and this is my first posting...

The Kreg jig listed above is one I've got and I get LOTS of use of it.
Normally runs about 20 bucks but I got it for 15 and it was worth it!!!

The insert/collar is a steel insert and the bit hasn't worn it out, nor
do I suspect it will. Pocket hole woodworking is very strong and fast.
Just search online for videos and you can see the demos on
www.kregtool.com as to the surprising abilities it has. Good luck!
BTW, sailor, you former Sailor?

Ward (Chief USN)

wrote:
The only difference between this jig and the Kreg system is that it
includes a clap to hold the jig to the wood while you drill it. The
simplest Kreg jig,

http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht...?PRODUCT_ID=30

is the same thing without the clamp and this one can be used almost
any place. But if you want to get the exact same jig from Kreg

http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht...?PRODUCT_ID=65

And I think the Kreg is built better.

In all cases the pocke drilling angle never changes it's just that
some of these units come with a clamping system to hold the wood
against the drilling jig.

I am about to buy a pocket hole jig for occasional use, and have looked
at the Kreg kits, and saw this one, and wondered if anyone has
experience with it?
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...5&NTITEM=B2471

Also, what are the feelings between the 45 deg. and 90 deg. drill bits
and screws? Me thinks the 90 would hold better, and allow for slight
adjustment if needed.
Any opinions, based on usage?