Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven Stone Steven Stone is offline

Default Home Backup Generators: Which One??

In article ,
says...
|HugeBob wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| I'm in the market for a backup generator to power primarily two sump
| pumps. Coverage of an extra circuit or two would be nice. But, I'm

If you loose power and need to turn on a generator will you be able to
get to your home in time to start up a genset before the lack of a
working sump pump damages your basement ?

Will you need a genset that will auto start and throw the transfer
switch automatically ? That is quite a bit more expensive than a roll
into place and plug it in and pull the rope model.

If you need one of these fancy units tyr to install it as far away from
the house and your neighbors as possible. They make alot of noise and
will drive you nuts after a few hours run time if you put it right next
to your house.