Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default 134V at Outlet - Solution

buffalo ny: was there a symptom or damage that led you to check the
voltage?

Fpbear II wrote:
A few days ago I wrote about the problem with 134V at the outlet. I thought
it might be the ground so I added a couple 8' rods, but that was not it. I
looked up at the power pole, and there I could see the neutral conductor was
completely broken off! I called Southern California Edison and they sent a
guy out within an hour. All fixed by the power company! Shared neutral
outlet pairs now read 118V/123V. The neighbor's bamboo trees sway against
the power wires when it gets windy.