Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default "Draino" for toilets?

In article ,
wrote:
OR YOU JUST HAVE A POORLY MADE TOILET........
I have one of these. I snaked it, removed it and carefully checked
everything. The damn thing still needs to be plunged at least 5 times
a week. I have been meaning to replace it for a couple years, but its
one of those things you just put off and off, and you plunge and
plunge and cus....

My trick is to keep an empty coffee-can nearby; when it looks
like things might clog, I dump a coffee-can full of water "down"
the back side of the bowl about .5 seconds before I hit the flush;
blasts the "things" up into the bowl-water so that, with any luck
at all, "they" go down one at a time, rather than meeting and
jamming up the "hole".

Works for me -- I haven't had to use my HD "mother of all
plungers" (the orange one with accordian-like bellows)
hardly at all.

Give it a try!

David