Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Unusual table lamp - need shade & retaining ring

Hello,

I came across an odd iron lamp with a downward facing socket which
likely uses a glass cone or globe shade. The shade would slip over the
exterior threads on the socket and fasten in place with a retaining
ring. The lamp works fine, but I have been unable to locate a shade or
retaining ring in local shops specializing in shades. They always know
what is needed but they don't have it.

Here is a link to a photo of the lamp... (I hope it works)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Oct2910-1.jpg

I'd be grateful for any assistance in locating a source for the shade &
ring (and also for the proper name of whatever type of lamp this is.)

Many thanks in advance.

.... Bob