Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Home Backup Generators: Which One??

HugeBob wrote:
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a backup generator to power primarily two sump
pumps. Coverage of an extra circuit or two would be nice. But, I'm
more concerned about protecting a finished basement. Could someone
outline which manufacture/unit is best? I've had estimates which left
me more confused as the vendor trashed everyone and everything other
than what he was selling of course.

Start by determining what the power needs are for your pump(s). Sump
pumps come in many sizes.

Make sure the generator has both the ability to power the pumps and to
handle their start up surge.

I have been very impressed with the Honda generators.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit