Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Spur shelving with single line of slots - where to buy?

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:08:44 +0000, Jake wrote:

On 12 Jan 2007 16:56:09 -0800, "Andy Dingley "
wrote:

What I want is the version with only a single line of slots - not
double.

I've never seen this. I've seen it in aluminium, but not in steel. If
you over-load the aluminium, then there's also a nasty failure where
the top lug on the bracket fails - not hard to do either.

Yes, I know the alloy stuff, and yes, it is much weaker than the steel
stuff. The steel is about 1/8" thick so it's plenty strong.

Nearer 1/16" actually, but it's still very good.
Spur went out of business a few years ago, but most places (B&Q,
Screwfix et al) sell compatible twin slot stuff - I must admit that I
haven't seen your single-slot stuff for a while.

I've never had failures with pseudo (or real) Spur "double-slot"
bracketry carrying zillions of books, amplifiers, turntables and so on
- even a large CRT gryrivfvba set at one time (on 24" (or thereabouts)
brackets)!

--
Frank Erskine