Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me.

On 2007-01-13 23:20:57 +0000, "Bob Eager" said:

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:18:51 UTC, "NewDiy" wrote:

I think the BG salesman realised he was on to a loser when my wife
passed out and fell off the chair. I had of course asked her to do this
as part of my negotiating tactics but as it turned out she didn't have
to fake it so to speak!

Ours realised that before he came in the door. I told him he was one of
five people quoting, and that he had half an hour. At this point he said
"Oh, you have to go out?" I said: "No, you've just got half an hour".

Nice.

I really only got him in to have fun and find out if what I had heard was true!

Cruel but he should have qualified you first by suggesting how long the
meeting might take and getting your agreement to that when arranging
the appointment.

To top it off, he demonstrates an assumption of getting your business,
or at least being in pole position for it by thinking that the only
reason that the meeting would be shorter than would suit him is because
you were going out.