Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Continuous copper wire to earth ground

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 06:09:10 GMT, "Fpbear II"
wrote:

Thank you Bob, I'll braze the split bolt connector. I have a torch that I
used years ago to fix a copper water pipe. I don't remember how to solder
with it but I think I can find some crash course on the net. Still a bit
curious how this affects the physical properties of the electricity running
through the wire.

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

One continuous conductor, unless spliced with an irreversible connections
such as an exothermic weld (solder is not good enough). Do you have
access to a good torch? I would use a split bolt connector and then after
tightening it braze shut it with 40% silver solder. Solid #6 wire should
be enough; no need to use #4 unless the wire is subject to being damaged
by a lawn mower or something.

Bob

Yes, Bob. You do that and it will be more than enough.

It will last a few hundred years, at least..

Don't listen to all the crap I'm hearing from the jerks that want you
to spend a fortune on some fancy overkill stuff.