Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Question about lawn tractor tires.//John Deere

Eric in North TX wrote:
I can't justify buying an 07 model for this yard alone and I do'nt
mind tinkering with the old tractors/riders I've had.I do'nt know the
original purchase price of the JD,it could be I'm paying more than it
cost new!
Dean

Those early John Deere tractors are highly collectible and well worth
the effort to repair / restore.
My neighbor still uses a 112 which is much older and has been in
continuous service except for an engine rebuild 2 years ago. I'm using
a 330 diesel of 85 vintage, that will likely last the rest of my life.
If you don't want it, I'll take it.

I'll agree unless it has been so sorely abused as to be a piece of junk
needing more repairs than keep but even then could probably get more
for it than asking as a pieces/parts/salvage source on the collector
groups...

Still have a 112 also in continuous usage w/ only a short block
replacement. I finally broke down and put a new carb on it last summer
as the age finally caught up to it and could no longer shim up the air
leaks around the throttle shaft to keep a constant-enough mixture.
After that, it's like a new one.