Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder Fred Holder is offline

Default Just starting ... which lathe???

When my wife and I were in Australia this last September, we visited
the Vicmarc factory and paid for the Vicmarc VL-100 evs machine we had
ordered earlier in the year. We carried it around Australia with us and
used it at the Down Under Turn Around on Phillip Island, near
Melbourne. It is a great machine and performs very well. It finally
arrived home after a long circuit first to Craft Supplies USA and then
to our home. It is a 220 volt machine, and performs very well. As long
and you are willing to settle for things under 10 inches in diameter
and about 12 or 14 inches in length, this lathe will do all you'll want
and it is one quality made machine.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

PapaChuck wrote:
Have been woodworking for years, most seriously for the last 2. Am
about to jump into turning ... and have discovered that my (30 year
old) kids and some friend are also interested ( and will be using my
gear ... which I am happy to share.)

Am considering starting with a VicMarc VL100 MINI LATHE. Want
something quality and substantial that will offer years of service and
expansion potential.

Will be starting with smallish spindles, handles, small bowls and
pencil pots.

WiIl this machine handle it???

Your wisdom/help is appreciated.

-- Chuck