stevezemlicka stevezemlicka is offline
Junior Member

First, sorry for bringing such an old thread back to life but I wonder if anyone has any other ideas about this. I have the same problem with a KDS PixelTouch monitor. I have found an interesting twist to this problem though. If I leave the inverter plugged in but remove the screws holding it and position it outside the monitor, it works perfectly.

Also, if I place the inverter board underneath the LCD and assemble it while it is working, it will continue to work until power is lost. Normally I would just replace the inverter but PixelTouch no longer has any of these. In addition, the original company that made these monitors (gvision, who sold them to KDS for rebranding) has the inverters for $25 but will not sell them. They state they are for internal use only and I'd have to send it in for a $50 repair plus the $25 part.

I initially thought that it was the positioning of the cables but I've tried to reposition the connecting cables to no avail. As far as I can tell, the inverter looks perfect and performs perfect until it is installed properly.

Any ideas?