Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Which way to roof a valley is better.?

Frank wrote:
mayojcm2003 wrote:
I am going to roof my house soon and would like to know why some
valleys are cut valleys and some are woven. I live in Texas and most
every house I see has woven valleys. I lived in another state and
most were cut valleys. Is there a specific reason for this?

I always thought that woven were subjected to ice dams that could
cause them to leak where continued thawing and freezing pushes up
shingles. I would assume that in a warm climate, you would not need
the valleys. Frank

We get plenty of freeze thaws and lots of snow, but I, nor anyone else I
know has had any problem with the woven valleys. It seems to be as much of
a style thing and more popular in some areas than others as anything else.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit