Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Fire-rated downlights - something I learned today...

wrote:
Andy Dingley wrote:

Are all the fire-rated fittings also F-marked / inherently F-markable ?

It is an assumption though on my part, Andy, that ANY
fire-rated light is automatically suitable for mounting on a
combustible surface.

That's what I'd assume too, but is it really valid? One means that
it's resistant to external heat, the other means that it doesn't
transmit excess heat to its support. Commercially it would make sense
for one to imply the other, but technically it seems less sure.