Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Active closet door knob.

OK, I'm confused.

AFAIK, a privacy lockset and a deadbolt lockset are two very different
animals.

Privacy locksets are typically spring loaded mechanisms with angled
latches while deadbolts are "fixed throw" mechanisms where the bolt is
either retracted into the lockset or extended into the jam.

If you are really looking for a deadbolt that is thrown by turning a
privacy-type knob, I'd be curious as to why. Could you explain further?

wrote:
Hi,

Does any company produce a closet doorknob with a deadbolt mechanism. I
don't want it to be lockable by a key, I just want it to be a privacy
knob on the outside and nothing on the inside. Think of it as a
one-sided privacy knob. Or as a half dummy trim that's not a dummy. I
have checked that Shlage and Kwikset don't such knobs.

Thanks!

Aaron Fude