Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Propane heater question

Dave W wrote:

I have been in houses under construction where the space was heated by a
propane torpedo type heater (salamander). Generally, there is an unpleasant
odor associated with these. Question is ....is the smell only with some
devices or do all propane salamander heaters stink. I am preparing to build
a boat in an unheated boathouse and have been thinking of buying a propane
salamander. Thanks for input.
Dave

That I recall I have never seen a propane torpedo/salamander heater
designed for indoor use. A quick "Google" search shows them all to
designed for outdoor use as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA