Kerry Hoskin

Default downlighters

I have a feeling that LV will be a bit of a pain up the arse. How much
space do mains downlighters require around them for cooling and how hot does
it get above them?

Kerry

"ddwyer" wrote in message
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message
Hey up,

I currently have a partition wall in the room that I'm going to take

down,
think a large chunk of ceiling will go with it so that's why I had the
thought of battening the whole lot of save hassle in the long run,

bloody
old houses, grrrrrrrr I'll check out the link

Cheers

Kerry

You could rip down the old ceiling and re-board it. No need for the

batons.

Adam

Both are a fire hazard.
Electronic transformers overheat and shut down if close to the
downlighter. The can also create so much interference as to wipe out
medium wave radio.
Mains are more expensive but can be dimmed reliably. LV transformers
have all failed for me when dimmed.

--
ddwyer