Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Framing wooden walls in basement?

see:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...r_basement.pdf
and then:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...r_Renovate.pdf

Borrall Wonnell wrote:
A couple of questions about framing interior walls in the basement:

On either end the basement, joists are more than 1' away from the
concrete wall. Is it possible to attach a stud wall adjacent to the
concrete wall (ignoring proper insulation practices, for now)? How is
this done?

I have a similar question for walls that are perpendicular to the
joists. If the joists are uneven, won't there be difficulty nailing
the top plate of the stud wall into the joist?

Go easy, I'm new to this stuff and I'm just looking for design ideas.

Cheers,
Dave