Posted to alt.home.repair
Maurice Maurice is offline

Default No drainage for AC unit in attic

Thanks for all the great advice folks

I did find out later that it was indeed being drained into the laundry
room drainage. If I had known that I would have never been concerned

Thank You all again
Maurice

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The drain might go to the sanitary sewer, or some other place.
But AC definitely does need a drain of some sort. I'd keep
questioning the matter, so you don't get a bad surprise like
water in the ceiling.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm getting ready to purchase a new townhome, and during my

first walk
through noticed something very odd -- Every other unit has a

plastic
pipe that comes out the back of the homes (which I later

learned was
for condensate drainage), except for mine. I was later told

that this
is OK, since the cooling unit sits in a pan with an emergency

shut-off
switch. This does not quite make sense to me -- is this

normal? I
think if its summer and my AC shuts off, because the pan gets

full, I'm
going to be SOL without any AC. It also seems like a bad idea

to have
water sitting in the pan in my attic without any drainage at

all... But
I'm not expert!

Thanks for any advice!

Maurice