Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Should I pay

On 12 Jan 2007 01:32:43 -0800, wrote:

Hi. About two years after our extension was built, the end roof tile
came off and slid onto the roof...thank god it did`nt fall onto someone
or something or the following question would be slightly different!!
The question is, should my original builder fix it for nowt (bad
workmanship etc...) or will I need to pay? The original tile is intact
and just needs PROPERLY cementing on ...10 min job!!

IMHO, Depends....

Do you have a warranty? In writing? Is it possible that in 2 years
that wind, sun, rain, could have caused the tile to fail prematurely?
Have you had people walking on your roof? Hail? etc, etc, etc.

Just pointing out, many factures are at play here, to narrow down the
builder is at fault.

Just a suggestion, call the builder explain the problem, and ask how
you should proceed. Sometimes a tradesperson will be very friendly to
preserve their rep, and maybe hope in return a good word of mouth
advertisement.

Good luck with what you do, please keep us informed.

tom @
www.Texas-VOIP.com