Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sonofabitchsky@hotmail.com is offline

Default My Two projects - Can I do it?

Ok, sure you can do it. And, it will cost less and take less and come
out better than you origianlly thought. Have fun!

Oren wrote:
On 11 Jan 2007 11:07:05 -0800, wrote:

If you have to ask, no.
D J wrote:
Folks,

Just bought a house recently and now am planning to do some
modifications. Can't afford to hire a contractor although am willing to
spend week end times or more myself.

Two jobs are there which I am considering:

(1) Create a new bath room. - I know this could be difficult and not
wise to do everything by myself, without plumber help. I just want to
minimize the plumber help and of course the money. May be I can install
the walls myself, may be floors too? may be paint it? install counter
tops, sinks etc?

Anyone did it by yourself? Any tips, helpful web sites? What r the
things I can do alone? and what I need help of plumber?

(2) Repositioning a door in an outer wall from kitchen to utilize the
space better. I just want to remove the door from current position and
install in a newer location so that the traffic flow does not obstruct
kitchen activities.

Please help if some one passed through similar experience... will
really appreciate it.

I am not that good at wood working but know the basics.

Thanks and regards,
D J

If I only had a nickel for every time I was told no. Telling me no is
like a challenge. I do know my limits and when to ask for help from
those more qualified than me, except in cases where common sense is
lacking. If the OP has common sense, his projects can be done. He
already has outstanding replies and is willing to tackle the job.

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison