Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Custom Shower Floor

"Leonardo" wrote in message
et...

We have decided that we are going to live in our current house for the
duration, so 'My Big Plan' is to Seniorize the house. I've just completed
all the lighting upgrades and I'm now moving on to the one of the big
ones. I will be tossing the shower/tub surround unit and building from
scratch a fully enclosed, floor to ceiling shower only, with a low or no
stepover, in the same space using the existing plumbing layout. There is
one hitch (so far). Those stock size, overpriced box store fiberglass
floor pans won't work for me. I need a custom dimension floor.

We had a local marble company do this for us. They come out and measuer the
size of the base, go to their shop and mix up and pour out what is needed.
This is sort of an epoxy type mix. They then bring out the coustom sized
base. We also had them do the walls of the shower for us. Then install a
glass door. The stepover is only 2 or 3 inches high. Just enough to keep
the water in the shower and off the floor. As we have another full bath, we
can take a tub soaking if we want to.

Don't think I have been in the tub in about 25 years due to the shower, but
my wife likes to soak about once a month. We really like the walk in
shower.