Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Figure out this Resistor with Color Code

Zachary Burns wrote:

Somebody said it was bad and I can't replace with the part that was taken
out because they literally cut it out (from what I can tell). So I needed
to order a new one.

Brand and model of the TV set? The location on the board? If it was
"cut out" there would be a pair of cut leads sticking up to tell you
where it was.

That body style of resistor is quite old, and hasn't been used for
new sets for about 20 years. Most electronics these days are either
metal film, or surface mount. and look completely different. It looks
to be a 3.9 Meg 1/2 watt 10% carbon composition resistor. If it is a
carbon composition it would be used in the safety circuit to bleed
static charges to ground because damaged metal film resistors can arc
over, and electrocute someone. The set would operate without this part,
but not meet safety standards.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell