Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Propane heater question

"Dave W" wrote in message
I have been in houses under construction where the space was heated by a
propane torpedo type heater (salamander). Generally, there is an
unpleasant odor associated with these. Question is ....is the smell only
with some devices or do all propane salamander heaters stink. I am
preparing to build a boat in an unheated boathouse and have been thinking
of buying a propane salamander. Thanks for input.
Dave

The one I have has no odor. It is proclaimed to be 99.9something% efficient
and needs no venting. Mine is a 30K Btu Reddy heater. I do, however, get
an odor if I try finishing in the open flame heated shop. The fumes from
the paint or poly go through the flame and will smell.

The older kerosene heaters had a smell to them. New ones are better