Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Propane heater question

Fri, Jan 12, 2007, 2:24pm (Dave*W) doth
query:
I have been in houses under construction where the space was heated by a
propane torpedo type heater (salamander). Generally, there is an
unpleasant odor associated with these. Question is ....is the smell only
with some devices or do all propane salamander heaters stink. I am
preparing to build a boat in an unheated boathouse and have been
thinking of buying a propane salamander.

I've only limited experience with 'em, and that was a long time
ago. Plus I don't really recall if propane or kerosene was being used -
however, inclined to believe it was propane. I didn't get any smell.
You sure they weren't using kerosene? And, what do you mean by
"generally"?

JOAT
I do not have the huge amout of faith needed to be an Atheist.