Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] carolrcohen@gmail.com is offline

Default Custom Shower Floor

So far its been suggested that I use a cement board underlay then trowel
out some kind of mix on top to get the slope to the drain, then tile.

Someone tried to describe a method where a waterproof membrane is put
down first... I didn't really catch what he meant.

The framing under the surround was properly built up to support the
current unit, so weight shouldn't be an issue

I'd appreciate hearing your ideas

Lenny

I'm about to undergo a similar bathroom refit and I found a ready-made
shower pan (which goes in before the tile goes on) online: check out
www.tileredi.com -- and I'm sure there are lots of tile-ready (no
trademark) shower pans available. Your local tilemen use them, I bet.
Also, I think Swanstone (www.swanstone.com), producers of a
cast-"stone" shower stall base (and matching sinks) makes various sizes
of solid bases, in many colors. But if your size is unusual, you may
have to go the traditional way, of making the pan yourself.

CC