Posted to alt.home.repair
nospamplse nospamplse is offline

Default DIshwasher not draining

mm wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:41:33 -0600, "fabeck01"
wrote:

How can I check to see if the problem is the motor or if one of the pumps
is jammed or plugged. Drains thru the garbage disposal, no drain vent.

I had a dishwasher also that wouldn't start.

Eventually I had to divorce her.

I had one years ago with a similar problem (more than once). Food waste
(peas, beans, pits, etc) would plug the screen filter on the inlet side
of the solenoid. My process ... Shut off power, drain water, remove
hose on inlet side of the solenoid (catching balance of water in a
shallow pan) and look for foreign matter, remove and reassemble.