Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Electric Bill - Is this Eccessive?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Clive George" wrote in message
"Derek Geldard" wrote in message

By "gas installation job" do you means mains gas (if available) or
propane cylinders outside? The latter shouldn't cost a great deal and

No, I meant in most cases it's a job for a Corgi installer. Naturally
if there's no mains gas it costs even more.

You may be surprised - a couple of propane bottles, a regulator and a
length of pipe is remarkably easy to arrange, and really quite cheap.
Definitely cheaper than getting BG to install a hob, though that's
probably not saying much.

But the gas costs more and there's the inconvenience and ****ible expense
of exchanging the empty bottle for a new one.

Gas hobs use bugger all. Which means a) the cost is small and b) the hassle
of swapping bottles is small. Not sure what you mean about expense of
swapping empty bottle for new one - that's the gas, surely?

(What happens here is SWMBO takes the empty cylinder off, puts it in her
bike trailer, cycles to the gas supplier, gets a new one, cycles home and
fits it. I suspect if we wanted the gas supplier would deliver and possibly
even connect for not much money at all.)

cheers,
clive