Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Termite turn tool opinion wanted

Hi Pete

The termite is a nice tool, works well, but it has a learning curve,
you can take very nice cuts in the bottom of boxes or vases, it works
best on end grain, here's a link to a site with additional info.
It is Herman de Vries website, go to tools and tips and you will find
some good info there on the termite, but also on more than just that, a
good site to bookmark, right next to Darrells

http://www.hdv.net/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo
http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum30.html

Pete wrote:
Oneway has a tool called the Termite tool that I believe is primarily used
for hollowing. I was thinking about buying it and was wondering what you
opinions about it was.
Thanks