Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default how do i fix drywall????

On 11 Jan 2007 14:25:22 -0800, "
wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:26 pm, Tom The Great wrote:
On 9 Jan 2007 11:25:29 -0800, "

wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.

How big are they?

tom @www.MeetANewFriend.com

Lets just say, someone punched about 8 holes in one area..... so fist
size holes, exactly.....

imho,

If they are about the same area, might want to just cut out one big
area, say square shape, and patch. Cut fresh sheet of drywall about
the size of the new single hole, secure to studs, tape and mud.

Now if they are all seperate, and unable to consolidated, get some
mesh tape, and mud squishing good amount of mud through the tape.
Assuming fist size is only 4x3 in size.

mudding means mud, sand, mud, sand, mud and sand. the paint.

These are just guesses, since not actually there.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com