Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Russell Steve Russell is offline

Default Termite turn tool opinion wanted

Hello Pete,

The Termite tool has been around for quite a while and it works very well in
limited situations. You can snap off the cutting end if you get a catch, or
if you're too aggressive. Also, the length and ergonomics of the tool limit
its overall use, but in some situations, it works quite well.

If you really want to hollow, there are lots of hollowing systems out there
that can accommodate almost any situation you require. If you are just doing
light and shallow hollowing, the Termite will fit the bill. Take care and
all the best to you and yours!

On 1/11/07 9:30 PM, in article
, "Pete"
wrote:

Oneway has a tool called the Termite tool that I believe is primarily used
for hollowing. I was thinking about buying it and was wondering what you
opinions about it was.
Thanks

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website:
www.woodturningvideosplus.com

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment