Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Joe Fleming Joe Fleming is offline

Default Electric motor reversing question

Thanks Bill

William Noble wrote:
joe - you are in a location with good surplus stores - look around them -
there is a type of three position switch that forces you to stop in the
center position, don't remember the name of them, but if you find one
surplus (generally mil surplus) they won't cost much more (if any) than any
other switch.

"Joe Fleming" wrote in message
oups.com...
All,

Thanks for all the great information. Here is what I have decided to
do:

Two switches: one to turn power on/off. One to reverse the direction.
I thought about a three position switch, but I don't want the chance
that I flip the switch right past the "off" position to the other "on"
position and cause problems.

Joe