Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default 275 gallon oil tank - how long should it be between fill-ups?

Hi Charles,

Earlier this week, I posted a copy of my fuel oil records he

http://server3.pictiger.com/img/7835...onsumption.jpg

Today, Scotia Fuels filled my tank, so I thought I'd bring you
up-to-date. Between September 8th and today, I used 193.9 litres of
fuel oil (51.6 US gallons). That works out to be 1.55 litres per day
(0.4 US gallons/day).

The bulk of this would be related to domestic hot water production,
with the balance consumed as backup heat to my ductless heat pump.

To add further context, Halifax, N.S. has 4,367 C heating degree days
(7,861 F), whereas Buffalo, NY clocks in at 6,693 HDD F.

Cheers,
Paul