Posted to alt.home.repair,chi.general
Chicago Paddling-Fishing Chicago Paddling-Fishing is offline

Default Sears incompetence

In chi.general kenji wrote:
: In article ,
: "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

: When shopping for things that have to be installed, ***always*** shop the
: small, locally owned businesses.

: OK...what do I look for in the Yellow Pages to find a local guy who
: installs a kitchen range hood?

I'd go to your local catholic church mass on Saturday night or Sunday morning,
on the back page of the bulletin are ads from community based businesses and
there is usually at least one who does that sort of installation...

If it were my folks, I'd buy it from someplace where installation is part of
the deal or I'd do it myself... Now you have the problem of owning the part
and trying to get someone else to install it...

Might just return it telling Sears you bought it from them expecting them to
install it and then buy it from a place that will install it...

We bought our new washer/dryer from Sears (we go thru them sorta often here),
they set it in the spot and removed the old washer/dryer, but refused to do
the gas hookup claiming they don't do that anymore for insurance reasons...
I was disappointed and it seems to me in the past they did (might be because
of ownership changes) and we haven't bought from them again... when we bought
the new oven from BestBuy that was our first question, will they do the entire
install and they said yes (and they did...)

An eighth of a inch isn't that much... those vent panels punch out and I would
think since metal is cutable and bendable that the stack included would be
plyable enough to make that sort of change (we replaced ours, and it's not that
hard, i mean, your not running new vents to the roof or wall...)

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page