Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jonfaquit jonfaquit is offline

Default Disc-changer-based cdplayer repair help

Wow...that video is a true lifesaver! Never would I have expected to
find a video detailing exactly what I need to do! Definitely going to
try it. I guess my main problem was that I didn't want to take the CD
mechanism out...guess I'll have to (and hopefully not screw something
up!)

I also went ahead and bought the service manual...nodevice.com...$4.95
for unlimited service manuals for 24 hours. So, even though I found the
one I need, I'm downloading all manuals for any device I can
recognize...except I don't recognize that many of 'em. $5 wasn't too
bad though.

If anyone has any manual requests, let me know and I'll see if
nodevice.com has it!!! 23 hours left!

Arfa Daily wrote:
"jonfaquit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a Sony CMT EP707 cd-player:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...07&region_id=1

...which a friend asked if I could fix. The problem was that the tray
was sticking out, and wouldn't go back in using the buttons provided.
So I opened it up, got the tray working again, but I don't know how to
configure the 3-plastic disc 'holders' (and I think they might have
been the reason the tray got stuck). Does anyone have any diagnostic
steps I should take? I've only ever fixed my car cd player (which just
required some superglue under the gears)

I'm greeted with combinations of CD ERR 1 and CD ERR 4. Sometimes the
tray doesn't go back in. Sometimes the round metal thing that locks the
cd in place on top of the laser is in the closed position when it
should be in the open position.

Here's some pictures of the player (taken with my crappy phone, sorry)

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3...0704511rh7.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7...0704512ac0.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8...0704513nu7.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6...0704521tj7.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6...0704522xd0.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9...0704531ne4.jpg

The 'holder'
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6...0704541sn5.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1...0704542vo5.jpg

So if anyone knows how to fix this particular model or generic
troubleshooting steps with this type of changer, please help!

Your pictures show a Sanyo mech that is fitted to many different makes with
slight variations to the laser which is fitted, and correspondingly, the
shape of the cutout in each tray leaf, but I was not aware that Sony had
ever used it. You can find alignment instructions as a video tutorial on my
son's website at http://hosted.filefront.com/erykgecko and look for
sanyo3cdchanger.zip. Let me know on or off group if you need any further
help with it. It's quite a straightforward mech to align, providing you do
your work carefully. Also, check the half tooth at the front of each tray
very carefully for damage, distortion or missing.

Arfa