Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Drawers without slides

"jo_jo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've posted a couple of other questions here and have received some
very good advice during the process of building some built in shelves.
The bottom section has 10 drawers that will be about 8.5" tall, about
17" deep, and about 17" wide. I am going to install them without
slides of any sort. Are there any coatings or waxes that I should use
on the inside of the casing or on the bottom of the drawers that will
make them slide easier?

One I'm finishing has UHMW in slots for the maple laminated drawer sides to
run on. Not antique, but serviceable.

I'd put something like bass or poplar on the replaceable parts, maple on the
bottom of the drawer sides and let 'er go if it's a seldom rather than
frequent use item.