Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Electric Bill - Is this Eccessive?

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:44:03 +0000 someone who may be Derek Geldard
wrote this:-

If you have energy efficient bulbs reducing lighting usage by
switching lamps off as the room is vacated should be kept in proper
perspective, it saves almost nothing, plus they take some time to
achieve full light output,

That depends on the particular model of lamp. Some start very
quickly and are at full brightness in a second or two. Others take
longer to start.

Modern models for some time have generally started very quickly.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh