Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Boiler not firing after power cut

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:58:02 +0000 Psst wrote :
Power cuts are fairly common occurrences where I live so I am worried
that this will happen everytime. Is this a known problem or was it a
one-off set of circumstances? Why does the boiler not try again when
the power comes on?

Well its just how the software in the boiler control unit is
programmed. The manufacturers are just being ultra safe.

That would be really helpful if there was a power cut in the
middle of your winter holiday, leaving you with a flooded house.