jim rozen

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

In article , Gunner says...

Jim...those who home school or use vouchers pay the same amount of
taxes nonetheless.

Right - but they get that tax money right back, as a voucher.
This is basically a tax rebate for them. I would say sure,
let them have vouchers. They pay a thousand dollars in
school tax right now, they can have a five hundred dollar
voucher if they pay fifteen hundred! If they were serious
about improving education then would agree to that. The
more vouchers, the fewer kids in public schools with the
same number of teachers.

Same with those who sent their kids to private
schools. Home schoolers and voucher proponents have not asked that the
tax burden be lessened , though most would like that. Why should they
pay taxes utilized for substandard inferior public education and still
have to shell out additional moneys for home schooling or private
school?

Vouchers are simply the first step in eliminating public education.
It won't get better when they're installed - only worse. The
analogy might be to car insurance: sure I'd like to be able to
take the money I spend on that and keep it myself. But if
everyone were allowed to opt out of the system - and that is
*exactly* what vouchers are, an 'opt out' clause - then it would
stop working in short order.

Just out of curiosity, how do folks with *no* children make
out in a proposed voucher system? Do they get a voucher good
for some portion of a brand new car or something? g

Jim

please reply to: