Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Patching "sleeve" in exterior wall?

Me again... was running some wire to the kitchen last night and when I
got down to the breaker box I felt a draft (last night was the first
really cold night we've had since moving into the house.) Apparently
this @#$%^$^& solar water heater has even more issues than I knew
about, there's a freakin' hole in the wall for the piping between the
tank and the panel, and I can stick my fingers in it and wiggle them
around! This is a basement wall, cinder block with brick facing on the
exterior. What to fill the hole with? I assume probably something
similar to the firestop that I'm used to using at work for sleeves that
are core drilled through concrete decks, but what exactly is the
product that I want to buy for this? Please don't tell me I need to
use concrete as it is probably way too cold for it to set up properly
right now.

thanks,

nate