Posted to alt.home.repair,chi.general

Default Sears incompetence

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
link.net...
They never came and looked at it before deciding it was beyond their
ability.

Space is about 1/8" over the 36" nominal while the new hood is about 1/8"
less than nominal but because some tiles were installed as a backsplash
around the kitchen and the edge footprint of the new unit differs slightly
from the prior one on the left side these would be trimmed a little for
clearance. On the other hand those could be left alone and the cabinet to
the right could be moved slightly (there's at least a good 1/2" it can go
closer to a wall to the right.

I don't think I'm wrong in suggesting that these are probably things
encountered all the time in this sort of work. I could sort of understand
if they had some installers who could only do basic, simple, "wam bam sign
here please, ma'am" installs and referred others to someone else. But to
be completely unable to come up with a contractor to handle this and tell
the customer to go find a handyman, yeah, that's why I am emphasizing the
word incompetent.

And I'd be ashamed to go around using the name "Custom Appliance
Installers" or whatever it is if I couldn't deal with an install of this
non-magnitude.

Was there a dollar amount discussed for this installation? How much?