Posted to alt.home.repair,chi.general
kenji kenji is offline

Default Sears incompetence

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"kenji" wrote in message
news:kenji-46C8F7.09302411012007@localhost...
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

When shopping for things that have to be installed, ***always*** shop the
small, locally owned businesses.

OK...what do I look for in the Yellow Pages to find a local guy who
installs a kitchen range hood?

I'd look under "kitchen", which should lead you to listings for companies
which do kitchen remodeling. Don't let the word "remodeling" scare you. Many
such stores are happy to sell just one item and install it, if necessary. I
bought my Moen faucet through a company like that. They were $20 cheaper
(for just the faucet) than Home Depot. It was a special order items for both
stores, so the comparison is a valid one. The store offered to install it,
but I didn't need help with it. My main reason for going to a local dealer
was that just in case I simply didn't have time to install the thing, I knew
I could call these people and have them handle it. I don't think it's right
to buy an item from one place, and then ask a competitor to install it.

My point is that you may be able to buy a hood cheaper from a smaller
company, which can also install it if you need them to. You may also be able
to speak to someone who actually does the work, and he may be able to give
you tips on doing it yourself. I've run into this twice recently, once with
an appliance store, and with the company that handles my heating service.

Finally, even if it *is* more expensive, there's some value in peace of
mind, especially since this is for your mother.

he should be taking his mom out for meals