Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Compact Flourescent "Lamps" for Ceiling Fan(s)

I also added a few lamps here and there if I want more light to read or
to work. I turn them off when not in use. They are mostly CF though I
admit I have also have a halogen style lamp. Though they are
expensive to buy and to keep but nothing else puts out the lumens like
the little halogens. So it is better to use the CF for your overheads
and then add more lamps as needed since there are many styles to choose
from.

Don't get me wrong, I "live with" the problem when I can't change things.

But in my own house, I ended up replacing two ceiling fans with "school
house" globes with fixtures with: 1) a night light base make a facited
clear plastic; 2) 4 individual lamp sockets with exposed lamps.

I end up putting 15 watt CFs in the lamp sockets. They look OK but I much
rather have a "school house" globe with, say, a 28 watt or larger CF.