Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Compact Flourescent "Lamps" for Ceiling Fan(s)

John Gilmer wrote:
I have become a true believer in the Compact Fluorescent (CF) lamps than
replace "Edison base" standard lamps.

The problem is that ceiling fan light of the "schoolhouse" type (round
globe) will not accept any but the smallest CF.

I have the same thing at my place. Only the small one will fit in my
globes. I put them in there anyway and though it seemed dim at first,
I am used to it now and it seems fine.

I also added a few lamps here and there if I want more light to read or
to work. I turn them off when not in use. They are mostly CF though I
admit I have also have a halogen style lamp. Though they are
expensive to buy and to keep but nothing else puts out the lumens like
the little halogens. So it is better to use the CF for your overheads
and then add more lamps as needed since there are many styles to choose
from.