Posted to rec.woodworking
Gus Gus is offline

Default dovetail jig question

Eddie wrote:
Hi guys, I need some advice/help here, I have just bought a dovetail jig ( I
have never used one before) and I need to know: if you cut the left hand
side of a draw and the back piece on the left hand side of the jig, do I
have to cut the right hand side of the draw and the back using the right
hand side of the jig? the jig cuts both back and sides at the same time. may
be a stupid question to ask but nothing is mentioned in the instruction book
and I don't want to waste to much wood trying to get it right!

"draw" ?? - Norm, is this you ?!?

May we assume you are cutting half-blind dovetails?