Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Anyone replace pots with presets ?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

Hi James. That was my original feeling also, but as I said further up, I
repair lots of group equipment, and really don't seem to suffer that much
from bad as opposed to broken pots, anyway.

What do you mean by "Group equipment"?

Er, equipment used by groups ? Like bands ? Beatles, Rolling Stones ? Do you
not call them "groups" your side of the pond ? Never heard the term
"groupies" for the girls that follow them around ? In terms of this thread,
we have been talking specifically amplifiers for musical instruments, but in
general, at least over here, "group equipment" covers anything that a group
or band may be using on stage ( or off-stage ) to make their sound or image,
so amps, mixer desks, effects units / pedals, wireless mics, lighting
effects and so on. I know from our past
- errr ... 'conversations' shall we say - that you have been involved in the
repair of this equipment, so I'm sure that you probably have a valid opinion
on the substituting of panel-type pots with presets made into panel mounting
types ?? Back to you, friend ...

Arfa