Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubert@mountaincable.net is offline

Default Maytag MAV6000 Very noisy when spinning

Hi,
I have a 6.5 years old Maytag Atlantis Washer (MAV6000). Just a few
weeks ago the washer started making lots of noise during spinning cycle
on colours or whites (OK on delicates).
I found some info on the net that suggested replacing Trust Bearings &
Drive Belt. I bought the parts and replaced them, but it did not fix my
problem (though both parts were very worn, so replacing them may not
have been a bad idea).
I also bought the Service Manual for this washer, so I am learning more
about it.
It seesms to me that the noise is generated by the outer tab hitting
the metal enclousure (not 100% sure). Would this suggest that the
problem has to do with susspension ? The six springs are not tight
enough ?
I have taken the top & front pannels out, and noticed "white powder"
right at the bottom of the washer, on the suspension housing. Is it
normal ? Perhaps some parts got worned out ?
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
Cheers.
Hubert