Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Welding Helmets

dpb wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote:
Has the sunburn set in yet ; ) ? If you do any amount of welding you
will look like a lobster. You shouldn't have any exposed skin in the
direct path of the flash. But, if you don't mind a little sunburn,
rock on. You might look into a auto-darkening hood, sort of like the
difference between a typewriter and a computer.

Or the splatter, yet? (It _will_ happen)

Add a face-crater or two to the red landscape and you, too, can look
like the Martian landscape.

And, there are venting hoods and acclimating the hood will also help.

Whatever you do as a solution, foregoing full-face protection while
welding is a really, really bad idea...

Hurts when some of the spatter lands on an ear, too! Hair, well it just
makes that smell bad. Then there's the area under your chin when your shirt
blouses outwards. Do I sound like I've been there? ;-)

Pop`